12 Tips of Safe Holiday Decorating
‘Tis the season for holiday cheer and extravagant lighting displays. Before you start decking the halls in your home, read through these tips from Cannondale Generators to make sure your holiday season is a safe one for the entire family:
1. Artificial trees are the safest options, especially those labeled “fire-resistant”.
2. If you have a live tree, keep it away from heat sources such as candles, fireplaces, and radiators.
3. Dry trees are more flammable, so keep yours well-watered.
4. Use lights and decorations that have been approved for safe use by a nationally-recognized testing laboratory.
5. Inspect all power cords for loose connections, exposed wires, or any form of damage before use.
6. Avoid overloading your home’s electrical outlets.
7. Always unplug decorations before replacing any bulbs or fuses.
8. When mounting outdoor lights, avoid using nails, tacks, or anything which may damage the cords.
9. Make sure all lights and extension cords are approved for outdoor use.
10. Keep all extension cords and light strings clear of snow and water.
11. Make sure ladders are safe, stable, and secure before attempting to climb them.
12. Turn off all indoor and outdoor lighting before leaving the house or going to sleep.
Light Up Your Neighborhood with a Home Generator
Cannondale Generators can help Connecticut homeowners light up their neighborhoods this holiday season. Our automatic standby generators can automatically detect power outages, and provide enough energy to run your entire home – festive lighting displays included. Visit our website for more information, or give us a call at (203) 762-2608.